Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2-22-06 Insult to Injury

...and salt in the wounds...

Dear Psychiatric Community,
You are not there for us. There are 9 million websites where I can share my pain, write little poems and help others with their grief.
As you can see, I do not need your website to do that. I have my own.

I have found that "resource" links generally lead back to the aforementioned websites like some sadistic circle. Rarely do they give names of therapists, locations of group assistance or even a phone number for assistance.
Most phone numbers are linked back to the APA in Washington, DC where, for the next 20 minutes, I can push buttons on my phone until something tells me to go to www.grief.net. That is a very cruel thing to do and someone should be punished for it.

Furthermore, I have spoken to my own insurance company who graciously offers 3 free sessions with a therapist of their choice...who, by the way, is booked solid and cannot see me for more than a week and then only during work hours. All other options have the same limitations as the above only they are somewhere across town, adding drive time to the missed work hour.

I am suggesting that psychologists work between the hours of 3p.m. and midnight only. I am suggesting that you put YOUR phone numbers at the end of that 20 minute recording and I am hopeful that you find a way to actually help people in the future.

Sincerely,
Jumping off the bridge and blaming it on you.

PS The above rant is a result of frustration. Psychologists proabably have one of the worst jobs in the world and who am I to say they should do it differently? And, I am not jumping off of any bridges, but I will blame them for things just because I have lot of misdirected anger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

((((((((Tracey))))))))))
I want for nothing but shoulders it seems. :)
Thanks for "listening" and for caring. This thing is all so foreign to me. It helps so much to know that you all are out there.
More to know that you are survivors.

4:51 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home