Friday, September 16, 2005

Men do not see dust

Why can't men see dust? Are they genetically deficient? Is their eyesight somehow unable to take in the color variation caused by the light haze of a coat of dust?
Do the commercials for Endust and Pledge just confound them to no end?
Are they, possibly, comforted by the dust? Does it make them feel as if they have ancient antiques about them? Are they somehow "richer" for it?

When Swiffer came out with the Swiffer Duster I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I can dust things ABOVE MY HEAD. Things I cannot even see. How great is that??
My husband thought I was insane. He remarked, as he often does when I go on cleaning binges, "You've gone crazy!".
This concerns me.

By no means am I an efficient housewife. I dispise cleaning, regardless of my obsessive-compulsive need for everythings to be disinfected. I am, however, entirely repulsed by the ability to write my name on his nightstand with my finger. AAAAaaaaa! That's disgusting.

Men, if you want to turn your woman on, buy a Swiffer Duster and CLEAN SOMETHING.