Sunday, September 04, 2005

Amassing Debt

We have not been in debt for 11 years. All bills were paid...in full...every month. I am struggling so desperately to keep us...what? To keep us from scratching each other's eyes out, I think.


This is what it looks like today:
Removal of Lymph Node (January) $2,000+ (paying to multiple entities, all currently in arears)
Emergency Root Canal (July) $600 Every penny going on the only credit card with room on it.
Vet bills (September) Pooh's tooth - I had $263 in my bank account. The bill...$265. It went on the card too. We've got to eat. The surgery will be much more. What to do??
Birthdays (September) His and mine. He says "I don't want anything." but I've never NOT gotten him anything and we really only have each other. I will scrape up some money, somehow. I will not let the gift slide.
Family None of our family lives here. I have no idea how we're going to see them for the holidays this year. I can't send him home to NC. I can't drive to Houston to see my family with gas so blasted high.
And Speaking of Gas Both credit cards are well over $700 each. I can barely pay the minimums at 28% interest. We're paying cash for gas now...in $20 increments. I should invest in a bike and ride to work.


Of course, there are a lot of other problems. I have a loan I took out a few years back. I'm still paying that. We both have car payments since his car literally died and mine broke a front axel. Necessity. (and we were damned frugal with the new cars!)


I want desperately to consolidate the whole mess under one loan. Problem: No collateral. None. We own nothing. There is nothing to refinance. We are living on a cash only basis.

Things I must do: Quit smoking this week. Get a second job. Pay everyone off.
Christmas is gonna suck, huh?

Trust that I kick myself for worrying about this constantly. Who am I to complain when so many have lost so much. (But stuffing it down only makes it grow. It's becoming such a freaking monster!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home